Easiest to do
- Vote with your dollars. Buy products made with no toxic chemical by reputable companies with sustainable business operation and ethical labor standards.
- Buy local products. Support the local economy and reduce the environmental and financial costs of transportation.
- Eat right. Don’t save money at the expense of your health. Look out for chemicals and pesticides in food and other everyday items.
- Recycle. We cannot keep burying our trash.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with fluorescent ones. New types have the same color as incandescent.
- Drive less. Use public transport, your bike, or your legs at least 2 times per week.
For more information refer to the Green Guide: the complete reference for consuming wisely
. National Geographic (2008).