Traveling is great! It's how we see the world and learn about other cultures, creating a better understanding and open-mindedness. When possible, make adjustments in your everyday life to cut back on your carbon footprint.
- A typical passenger vehicle emits about 4.6 metric tons of carbon dioxide per year.
- If you use an EV car it produces less GHG emissions than a gas powered car. Especially if you use it for the entirety of its life. This includes the calculation of creation, distribution, and battery.
- You can calculate your carbon footprint here.
- Consider offsetting your carbon footprint with the Colorado Carbon Fund license plate.
- EPA's Green Vehicle Guide provides information on most new cars and the most efficient and environmentally friendly models
- Do not leave your car idling for more than 10 seconds. For every 2 minutes of idling, the car uses as much gas as it takes to drive a mile.
- Of course, carpool, ride your bike, walk, and take public transportation when you can.
- Please take a look at these HUGE Colorado State and Federal tax credits for EV cars!