Town of Eagle Broadband Committee Purpose:
- To help the Town by being a sounding board for broadband solutions both public and private
- To assist with the feasibility study conducted by Uptown's services*
- To provide local expertise in the process, recommendations to the board and implementing solutions @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
*Uptown feasibility studies have been used as a basis to raise > $390 million in funding. Engineered fiber systems for 13 communities, including Glenwood Springs, Mountain Village, Longmont, Estes Park etc. They provide broadband and smart grid related services, engineering and implementation.
Private Sector Solutions
The Town is currently working with Comcast to bring their services to Eagle. We are working to put communication towers on water tanks to have local providers utilize Town infrastructure, targeting 2020. We are working on Century Link on customer service.
Public Sector Solutions – Project THOR
- Regional collaboration of a 100 gb/s redundant and resilient network for ISP and transport
- Installation of the MMC expected in November
- Open access to interested parties
- Work on rates and use agreements in an ongoing discussion among MMC owners @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Feasibility Study with Uptown Services
Upcoming Feasibility study designed to fully assess the broadband needs for the Town of Eagle, with financial analysis and implementation plans.
Phase 1 - Research and Vision
Phase 2 - Planning Study
Phase 3 - Assess Public Policy Options
Final Report - Buildout model design, revenue forecast, data for BOT decision. This will provide the Board of Trustees options on how best to proceed:
- Municipal Service Delivery
- Public-Private Partnership
- Policy to Facilitate Private @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>