The Town of Eagle Operations Update
For the health and safety of employees and the community, unprecedented changes in Town operations effective November 16 and lasting until further notice.
Starting Monday, November 16, the Town of Eagle is canceling all non-essential, non-government meetings, events, and has closed public access to town-owned facilities on a rolling basis to limit exposure and slow the transmission of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus.
Please read the latest press release from the Town of Eagle HERE
COMMUNITY INFORMATION LINKS:
- Eagle County Department of Public Health Orders and Updates
- Eagle County Public Safety Information
- One Valley Voice - Facebook Page for Eagle County updates
- Vail Health Information and updates
- Local Business Resources – Vail Valley Partnership
- Eagle County School District Information
- Office of Economic Development - Colorado business resources
- State of Colorado COVID-19 Information for businesses - State of Colorado
- State of Colorado COVID-19 Liquor Industry Information - State of Colorado
- Eagle County Fire Restriction Information - Eagle County
- Colorado Lending Source Rural Small Business Relief Loan Program
- Be Our Guest Program - Outdoor Dining in Eagle
PUBLIC MEETINGS: The Town of Eagle is canceling all non-essential, non-government meetings, events and has closed public access to town-owned facilities on a rolling basis to limit exposure and slow the transmission of the COVID-19 novel coronavirus until further notice. Information to the public on how they can attend will appear in the published Agendas.
Until otherwise permitted, all Town of Eagle Public Meetings will be posted and conducted using an online platform where citizens can join and participate. Public comments prior to the meeting can be submitted to Jenny Rakow, Town Clerk at email@example.com, or by calling 970-328-9623. Links to attend the virtual Town Council and Planning and Zoning Commission meetings can be found on the Agenda, Minutes, and Packets page and following this link for the upcoming meeting.
PUBLIC EVENTS: All public events currently scheduled have been delayed until further notice. Event contact, firstname.lastname@example.org.
PUBLIC SPACES: Playgrounds, picnic areas, and shelters conducive to gathering were included in the transition trail map and updated Eagle County Public Health Order. The Town of Eagle BMX track and pump track, bike trails, walking paths, open space, and open fields in parks are open with physical distancing of 6 feet being required while recreating. More information here.
EAGLE VALLEY TRAIL INFORMATION - Includes updates on COVID related closures and restrictions.
PARKING LOTS AT TRAIL HEADS: The parking lots at the Eagle Pool and Ice Rink and in the Bluffs neighborhood will remain closed until the Public Health Orders reduce social distancing requirements.
FOREST SERVICE LAND: On April 7th, 2020, The Forest Service has passed an order to temporarily close developed recreation sites as well as implemented fire restrictions within the Forest Service’s Rocky Mountain Region to align with local, state, and federal orders and guidelines to protect public health and safety. This order includes the White River National Forest. Undeveloped trailheads and hiking trails are still open at this time, though physical distancing is required.
BRUSH CREEK PAVILION AND STUDIO RENTALS: All Pavilion and Studio rentals are canceled until further notice. If you need more information please contact Carla Nelson at email@example.com.
MUNICIPAL COURT: Court is being held on the first and third Wednesdays of every month. If you receive a ticket, you are requested to make payment by US Mail (PO Box 609 Eagle CO 81631) or by dropping off a check in the Town’s drive-through payment dropbox located in the rear parking lot of Town Hall. DO NOT DROP OFF CASH. Online payment services are available using xpressbillpay.com. There is no fee to pay online. Any questions should be directed to RiAnne Davis, Municipal Court Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 970-328-9629.
The Town Prosecutor will be contacting all Defendants by telephone or email or regular mail who are eligible for plea by mail discussions. Defendants are encouraged to reach out to the Town Prosecutor at email@example.com or 970-668-1678. If an agreement cannot be made, you must appear on your scheduled court date written on your ticket. If you have not reached an agreement nor been in touch with the Town Prosecutor, you must appear in person on your court date, or a warrant for your arrest may be issued.
UTILITY PAYMENTS: Like many of you, the Town of Eagle continues to monitor the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Our customers, community, and employees are – and will continue to be – our top priority. We understand that we provide you with important services that you rely on every day. We are committed to continuing to provide that excellent service during this situation.
As the Town works to improve our social distancing, we would ask that the community help us out by:
- Avoiding making cash payments. Please pay by check/money order, or utilize some of our other payment options (https://townofeagle.org/553/Utility-Payment-Options)
- Avoiding in-person trips to Town Hall. If you need to drop off a payment or other correspondence, please use the drop box located in the parking lot behind Town Hall
We also understand that many of you may be adversely impacted by the community and national response to COVID-19. As schools, daycares, and businesses continue to be impacted by this pandemic, we realize that many customers may face financial hardships impacting their ability to pay their utility bills on a timely basis. Therefore, we have several initiatives in place to help our customer base:
- We will be waiving the monthly Yard Waste fees through December 31, 2020
- In addition, we are available to discuss payment arrangements as needed. To discuss payment arrangements, you can email our Utility Billing & Accounting Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For those with severe financial hardship due to COVID19, Eagle County is offering assistance. You can find more information at this link
TRASH AND RECYCLING: If you are cleaning out closets and have extra items that will not fit in your normal weekly pickup, here are some options:
- The town/county drop-off recycle center is open for recyclable materials.
- For materials that cannot be recycled, the Eagle County landfill is open, and they have a great FREE punch pass. Visit their website for more information.
Hours of Operation:
Open Friday: 12 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Open Saturday: 12 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Open Sunday: 12 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT: Handling Community Development Transactions
STAFF CONTACTS: Members of the public may contact essential service divisions listed below:
Community Development, Building Regulations, Code Enforcement, including permits and plan checks and review services. Please call (970) 328-9655 or email email@example.com
Public Works, Engineering, Streets, Buildings & Grounds, including permits and plan check review services, inspections, and encroachments. Please call (970) 328-6678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Utility Services, including residential and commercial billing customer service. Please call (970) 328-9621 or email email@example.com
Financial Services, including taxes, payables, and reporting. Please call (970) 328-9624 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Business and Residential Services, including licenses, elections, records, and municipal court. Please call (970) 328-9623 or email email@example.com
Police and Law Enforcement Services, includes public safety matters. In an emergency, dial 911. For non-emergency dispatch or to speak to an on-duty officer please call (970) 479-2200. For all other questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.