How It Works
Spruce Up Your Yard
• Residents can pick up our “Official” bags can be picked up at the Eagle Info Center on Fairgrounds Rd. from Wednesday, May 12 through Friday, May 14 from 9:30am to 3:00pm. Each home in Eagle can get 5 trash bags – until we run out.
• Saturday, May 15th - It’s a great day to spruce up your yard, dig up the old garden and finally rake up those fall leaves. Pack your yard debris in our “Official” Spruce Up Eagle Day bags and put them at your curb.
• Monday, May 17th, our Eagle Public Works folks will run around town and collect all the “Official” bags on their way to the Eagle County Landfill. We will only pick up our “Official” bags for transportation to the Eagle County Landfill. Anything not in the bags will not be picked up. We are only picking up yard waste – no other kinds of waste will be picked up.
*Options for getting rid of other kinds of waste are listed below.
Spruce Up Our Town – Volunteers Needed!
If your yard is in great shape and you feeling like helping out, join one of our volunteer teams to help “Spruce Up” the roadsides, paths and parks of Eagle. Round up your friends, family, or coworkers and form a team for the Eagle Roadside and Path Clean-up.
• We'll provide the trash bags, gloves for each team at check in that morning along with a few breakfast munchies at 8:00am Saturday, May 15th at the Brush Creek Pavilion. Physical distancing and masks (when 6' of distance between individuals is not possible) are still required. It’s a day of helping to get your yard and out Town all spruced up for the summer season.
** Eagle County residents may dispose of up to 1600 pounds of trash and 4 tires per year at the Eagle County Landfill via a Free Punch Pass. To obtain a Free Punch Pass you must be able to provide 2 forms of proof of residency at the landfill with physical address only. Post office boxes are not proof of residency. Free Punch Passes may be picked up at the landfill office during normal business hours Monday through Saturday. For more information about the Eagle County Landfill and Recycling Center – got to Eagle County Waste & Recycling.
Schedule of Event
• April 26, 2021 - Promotion of event begins
• Monday, May 3 to Friday, May 14, 2021 - Volunteer sign-ups begin (online at Formstack)
• Monday & Tuesday – May 10 & 11, 2021 –
• Brian delivers bags to Participating HOA’s for distribution to participating homes.
• Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday - May 12, 13 & 14, 2021 –
• Bags given out at Eagle Info Center 9:30am to 3:00pm *until we run out.
• Friday, May 14th – Vail Honey Wagon drops off 4 dumpsters at Public Works yard.
*VHW will pick up and replace with empty dumpsters on Saturday is needed.
• Saturday, May 15
–Residents begin sprucing up their yards and placing filled trash bags on their front curbs. No picking up from alleys. Yard waste only!
-8:00am – Volunteers check in at Brush Creek Pavilion
*Volunteers will be assigned a street, park of bike path area to spruce up
• Monday & Tuesday, May 17 & 18, 2021
-Eagle Public Works begin to pick up trash bags around Eagle and bring to dumpsters in EOW yard
For more info contact email@example.com or call 970-328-9625