- Town Council
PUBLIC MEETINGS: Unless otherwise posted, all public meetings are being held in person at Eagle Town Hall, 200 Broadway, Eagle CO.
- Start time is 6 p.m. and usually last three hours.
- Held every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month
- Work Sessions are generally held the 1st Tuesday of the month, as needed, from 4-6 p.m.
Scott TurnipseedMayor (2025)
Mikel "Pappy" KerstMayor Pro Tem (2025)
Ellen BodenhemierCouncil Member (2025)
Geoffrey GrimmerCouncil Member (2025)
Sarah ParrishCouncil Member (2023)
Nick SundayCouncil Member (2023)
Jamie Woodworth ForalCouncil Member (2023)
Public Presentations and Public Comment:
OPEN PUBLIC COMMENT
The public is welcome to provide comment to the Town Council at its meetings (2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month). Open public comment (for items not on that night’s agenda) starts at 6:00 p.m. You do not have to be a resident of Eagle to speak before the Council.
Some topics may warrant a more formal presentation and a specific slot on the agenda. If you wish to make a presentation to the Council, please discuss this with Town Staff at least one week before the Council meeting. Presentations are limited to 5 minutes. Invited presentations are limited to 10 minutes. Time limits apply unless prior arrangement for more time has been made with Town Staff. Presentations are scheduled on the agenda immediately after Open Public Comment.
GUIDELINES FOR PUBLIC COMMENT AND PRESENTATIONS
Email all council members. (This email will also copy to the Town Manager. To email individual council members, use the links above.)
Mail for all Eagle Town Council Members can be sent to:
Contact Town Council
(Name of member)
Town of Eagle Town Hall
PO Box 609
Eagle, CO 81631
If you need agenda or meeting information, please contact the Town Clerk or phone at 970-328-6354.
Compensation of Elected Officials
Town Council members are compensated $500 per month; the Mayor is compensated $800 per month. The Town Council may also receive compensation in the form of travel reimbursement for attending meetings and conferences, meals for certain meetings, and payment of registration fees for meetings and conferences.
Code of Conduct and Ethics
The Town Charter requires a Code of Conduct Ethics and the Council adopted one in June 2021. That document can be found here.
- Regular Council Meetings: Held the 2nd and 4th Tuesday each month, beginning at 6:00 p.m., and typically last 2-4 hours. Meeting packets are made available the Friday before each meeting. These packets contain the agenda for the meeting, detailed information for each agenda item, and other information for Council use.
- Special Meetings: Held on an as-needed basis when a decision is needed by the Town Council that cannot wait for the next regular meeting.
- Other Meetings/Conferences: In addition to serving as a Council representative on various committees and boards, Town Council Members also have the opportunity to become involved in educational and training opportunities. The Colorado Municipal League (CML) hosts an annual conference, and sponsors continuing education programs for elected officials.