It is the responsibility of the permit holder to request the appropriate inspections and assure that inspectors have access to work to be inspected.
The type and number of inspections needed depends on the individual project.
Please refer to the following list of required inspections:
- Lot lines clearly marked with string lines or otherwise
- Footing forms and reinforcement in place
- Erosion control in place
- Foundation forms and reinforcement in place
- Rough framing, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical ready
- Engineer stamped and signed truss plans for framing inspection
- All framing, fire blocking, and bracing done
- Trash enclosure on site
- Rough plumbing, rough electrical, framing and any other work that may be covered up inspected and approved
- Insulation and vapor retarder installed
Drywall Nail Inspection
- Gypsum board installed with nailing complete before taping
Temporary Certificate of Occupancy Inspection- (Good for 90 Days)
- All final plumbing, heating, electrical, and framing work done and approved
- Obtained Temporary Certificate of Compliance Design Review Board Letter if applicable
- Final grading and paving including any required driveways done
- Completed Public Works TCO Inspection (Call 970-328-6354 at least 3 days before final building inspection as to not hold up the process).
- Completed Building TCO inspection
Certificate of Occupancy Inspection
- Obtained Certificate of Compliance Design Review Board Letter if applicable
- Landscaping of front and back yard is completed
- All items listed from TCO inspection have been corrected
- Completed Public Works CO inspection (Call 970-328-6354 at least 3 days before final building inspection as to not hold up the process).
- Final CO building inspection completed