Economic Vitality Committee
Purpose: The purpose of the Town of Eagle Economic Vitality Committee (the "Committee") is to provide additional expertise to the Board of Trustees and the Town Manager necessary to enhance and facilitate economic development in the Town, and to act as a catalyst between the Town, developers, residents and the business community to expand and improve the Town’s economic climate within the context of the Town’s commitment to social and environmental objectives.
Members: Kevin Brubeck, Chair; Kat Conner, Vice-Chair; Mick Daly, Clark Gundlach, Rick Beveridge, Maren Cerimele, Kari McDowell-Schroeder, Levi Rozga.
Ex-officio members: Councilman David Gaboury, Community Development Director Chad Phillips, Assistant to the Town Manager Bill Shrum.
Meetings: The Economic Vitality Committee meets on the third Monday of each month at 1pm, via Zoom. Agendas, minutes, and meeting information can be found on the Town of Eagle's website, here.
If you would like to speak with the committee or an individual member about doing business in the Town of Eagle, please reach out to Bill Shrum, Assistant to the Town Manager, at email@example.com.
A. Authority. The Committee is authorized to take any of the following actions, consistent with its purpose:
1. Make recommendations to the Board of Trustees regarding economic development programs and priorities which may help strengthen Town and business partnerships and attract new business;
2. Promote economic vitality and business development in the Town; and
3. Encourage development that provides employment opportunities for existing and future residents and provides for a diverse and stable economic base.
B. Duties. In exercising its authority, the Committee shall perform the following duties:
1. Present a semi-annual written report to the Board of Trustees on the ongoing projects under review by the Committee;
2. Provide input to the Town Manager regarding provisions of the Town’s Building Code or Land Use Code which may hinder economic development;
3. Formulate and evaluate new economic development strategies and policies in furtherance of the economic development goals adopted by the Board of Trustees;
4. Review planned economic proposals and proposed developments in the Town, upon request by the Town Manager; and
5. Perform any other activities related to economic vitality that could promote a positive economic environment in the Town or will help with the implementation of the Town’s economic and strategic business plan, as assigned by the Board of Trustees or Town Manager.