STAGE ONE IN EFFECT: Prohibition on Water Waste refers to the following:
Stage 1, Water Use Restrictions apply to all users in all years, regardless of drought conditions. The following mandatory restrictions shall apply.
- Water Irrigation Season Restrictions: No water irrigation of lawn or landscape is permitted before April 15th or after October 15th of each year.
- Water Irrigation Time Restrictions: Water irrigation is only permitted before 10:00 a.m. or after 5:00 p.m.
- Water Irrigation Day Restrictions:
- Residential (single-family and multi-family): (based on the last digit in your street address)
- There is no residential water irrigation on Mondays;
- EVEN numbered addresses can water irrigate on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays; and
- ODD numbered addresses can water irrigate on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays.
|No Water Irrigation||Even||Odd||Even||Odd||Even||Odd|
Schools, parks, government, commercial, churches, and industrial sites are allowed to water/irrigate on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Users may be temporarily exempt from this regulation for thirty (30) consecutive days during the growing season when water irrigation is required to establish a new lawn by seed or sod. Users may schedule one (1) water irrigation cycle each day during the hours from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to achieve optimal moisture. Mandatory Notification is required for the Town to start and stop the thirty (30) consecutive days. The town may require new lawns by seed or sod to be planted in late fall or early spring to avoid peak summer.
Hand watering of lawns, gardens, and planting areas can be performed on the prescribed ODD/EVEN days during permitted hours. All hand watering devices shall have flow control assemblies.
The full Water Irrigation Conservation Policy can be found here.