Water Billing Standards and Other Fees
- Water Meters are read on or about the 20th of every month. Typical days in a meter read are between 28-30 days.
- Water is billed in thousands of gallons.
- The minimum rate and surcharge is charged regardless of water usage or occupancy.
- Water Bills are generally mailed the last week of the month.
- Water Bills are due by the 15th of the month.
- Our system automatically calculates a $5 late charge if payment has not been received by the end of the billing cycle.
- Returned checks/payments will be charged a $25 NSF (insufficient funds) fee on the next billing cycle.
- New Account – When you open a new account with the Town of Eagle you are required to pay your trash, sewer, yard waste and administrative fee one month in advance. Your bill will prorate from the date you start the account through the end of the billing cycle which will include those fees. The fees are then credited back to the account when you close the account.
The Town of Eagle utility statements provide a historical usage graph, usage comparisons, and more detailed information on provided services. You can continue to obtain account access through xpressbillpay.com.
If you do not receive your bill, please feel free to call us at 970-328-6354 or sign up for xpressbillpay to receive by email notification.
Late Payments and Shut Offs
Water Meter Service Fees
Notice of Red Tag Fee - $25.00 - Red Tags are physically posted on the door of utility account addresses for those that have a past due balance of 60 days (two billing cycles). Customer must pay account in full at least 24 hours prior to shut off date to avoid water turn off fee of $75.00.
Shut Off/Turn On Fee - $75.00 - If your water is shut off due to lack of payment, this fee is incurred when town staff is called out during regular hours to turn a customer's water back on after payment in full has been made. A responsible party must be available for water services to be turned back on.
After Hours Turn On Fee - $150.00 - If your water is shut off due to lack of payment, this fee is incurred when town staff is called out after hours, on weekends or holidays to turn a customer's water on after payment in full has been made. A responsible party must be available for water services to be turned back on.
Meter Check Service Fee - $75.00/hour – When a customer requests a reread of their water meter, the first meter check is included with water services. Each additional meter check on the same account will incur a $75/hour (minimum one hour).
Non-Operational Meter Fee - $100.00/month - All water users are required to have operating water meters on their system. In the event a meter is not operational, the owner shall have ten (10) days to schedule a repair date after written notice is mailed to the user by the Town. If the meter is not made operational within thirty (30) days of notice, the water user shall be assessed $100.00 per month until said meter is fixed.