PLAN AN EVENT
The Town is committed to providing a single point of contact for event coordination. The special events manager acts as a liaison between the event producer and Town Resources.
An Event Permit Application must be received 45 days prior to the event date. Application requirements include Copy of Insurance (COI), detailed site map, and a $25 application fee.
SPECIAL EVENTS FUNDING REQUEST
The Town is currently accepting applications for Special Event Funding Requests and Community Program Funding. Submissions are due by October 10, 2022.
Marketing and Events Advisory Committee (MEAC) encourages event organizers to produce a diverse collection of events. The Committee will evaluate events to ensure the investment in public funds is allocated effectively and producers will be held to a high level of accountability. MEAC will act in a sponsorship role, allocating funds to those events that particularly contribute to the overall objectives.
To qualify for funding review, events must support these strategic priorities:
• Event provides positive economic impact through sales tax & lodging tax
• Event provides a sense of community and enhanced quality of life
• Event provides a well-rounded, diverse audience
• Event producer qualifications
• Event provides marketing and brand awareness to the Town
• Event sustainability and potential growth
• Event provides a varied calendar date